Friday, June 19, 2009

O.K., ready?


Whew, figured out the downloading problem! Now I'm ready to roll with a week's worth of thoughts and pics. Hold on to your hats, it's gonna be riveting:


Note to self: Do not leave cinnamon unattended on counter.
Got it!
(btw, you should have see his clean up efforts in the bathroom!)


The beans are coming! The beans are coming!
(These are an egg shell bean success story.)


I LOVE that I discovered I could grow roses!
(which by the way, I don't do anything special to grow them...always thought I needed to though and that kept me from trying. You can try anything when you buy it at "end of Fall" sales)



Oh, and . . .

I LOVE growing peonies too! (-:

Hey, guess what?

I made home made cheese in 15 minutes! I clipped a recipe from the NY Times in August of 1997 and finally got to it this week (that's funny to me). Here it is:
Bring two quarts of whole milk to boil
Remove from heat and add 4 Tbs of lime juice
let set for 15 minutes
use a fine sieve to strain liquid then break up with a fork
season with 1 tsp salt (I used sea salt and thought it was too salty, experiment)

Oh my goodness, it is sooooo good! We ended up sprinkling some on our grilled salmon at dinner and then this morning I put some on my fried egg sandwich...out of this world! They originally had the recipe for one of the toppings of soft tacos. Limitless options, so easy to do and no mysterious ingredients.
Go for it!

And . . .

Proof!
An eight, six and almost three year old CAN work together without drawing blood.
I'm going to post this on my fridge to remind them. (-:

FINALLY . . .

PIERCE BABY #5 IS A GIRL!!!!!
(Hope she likes Spider Man, trucks and hockey sticks...pretty much all we have around the house anymore! (-:)

We can't wait to welcome her into the family this November!




1 comment:

Erin E Thoma said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!!!