Saturday, March 14, 2015

And then there was cake . . .


  Yes, Cokecola...that's how they say it in the south, says the recipe author. The link I have is the exact recipe I used because I had the magazine.  When I was googling around I found very similar recipes that also called for mini marshmallows in the cake batter and no reducing of the coke for the frosting. Also, not sure if the others had cinnamon in the recipe, I might leave that out next time. It sure was a rich, decadent cake. Livia called it a brownie cake, it was gobbled up by all!

I loved the littles (who really aren't all that little-ish any more )-:) watching, being enamored by the three big kid friends of Harrison's sitting across the table in this pic.

Got 'em all!  Harrison and three of his buddies came home from school together, had pizza at 5, headed out for an hour of bowling, tried to fit in a game of laser tag but discovered an hour and a half wait to play, came home for cake and ice cream, then proceeded to play video games all through the night. I have no idea what time they went to bed (we have no tv connection and both kids computers are on the blink so they just had their games), 'cause I have my bedside earplugs at hand for nights just like this!

No comments: