Thursday, April 24, 2008

What to eat?


Feeling adventurous in the taste buds? I made a new recipe tonight, Barley Risotto with Mushrooms and Blue Cheese and I LOVE it! Now, you need to be someone that enjoys mushrooms and blue cheese and if you do, here's the recipe for you. When you click on the link to the recipe, you'll need to scroll down the screen to find it. From my experience, I used a delicious vegetable broth, I added two huge garlic cloves and would have liked more and I used "baby bella" mushrooms and would have liked more than their 1/4 pound (maybe a 1/3). I think the dish would be great with the optional pomegranate seeds (I didn't have, but am getting tomorrow for the left overs, and it is still very tasty, more even, a few hours after being made). I also didn't have fresh parsley or mint and I think I would have liked the parsley, always freshens things up.

So, what are the bets if any kids ate this? I didn't even offer it, blue cheese you know. (-: When I make things like this I always have one of the parts of the meal that the kids will eat and hopefully fill them (or they fill it out with bread and butter) and tonight the main dish to my barley risotto with mushrooms was...cheeseburgers! What a combo.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: