Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super Vivid Lotus Root Salad . . .


Every now and again we go to a Chinese New Year celebration and need to bring a dish. This, the year of the rabbit, was one of those years. Below is the dish I like to bring, Sweet and Tangy Lotus Root Salad. For which, after searching high and low, I can not find a link to the recipe online. I don't really feel like typing in the recipe now either. Maybe I will some day...

This is lotus root.

This is lotus root in "super vivid color" mode.
(-:

This is lotus root sliced in 1/8" slices mixed with sliced English cucumber and radishes.

This is lotus root sliced in 1/8" slices mixed with sliced English cucumber and radishes...in "super vivid color" mode! (-:

This is the completed salad all dressed with it's sugar, cilantro, rice vinegar dressing.

This is the completed salad all dressed with it's sugar, cilantro, rice vinegar dressing...all together now...in "super vivid color" mode!

Still experimenting with the new camera...
(-:

2 comments:

Erin E Thoma said...

Love the super vivid color option. The salad looks great! Where did you get lotus root?

JP said...

Yeah, I'm still torn about that vivid color. I like it but then at times it seems a little extreme, fun to play with though. Good luck with your trip back to MI, you guys are amazing!

And, (-: we have a very large Asian population in the northeast part of A2 and some authentic groceries to go along with them. They had both fresh lotus root and pre-packaged, already sliced, that made my day!!!