Boy oh boy, I’m losing words.
(ok, it turns out...I'm not)
This seems like a life a lifetime ago.
Well now, I guess it was.
Found this pic recently while on my continual quest to get rid of stuff in the basement.
Not pictures though naturally!
Oh, our Ben. People just really loved him. We loved him. He was a magnetic, fun and funny personality. His face lit up when he smiled, he loved his friends.
He sought the Lord his last weekend on earth while struggling in life, he called me one day the week before he died and asked if he could still get into the teen Tool Time weekend at Concordia. I told him I'd make some calls and see, they said yes, I let him know. My colleagues at Concordia and I prayed in the Music Dept hallway on that Friday afternoon that he'd attend, he kept going back and forth on it, I didn't call him...but he showed up! That's the biggest part of his story for me. He spent his last weekend in The Word, in prayer, in Communion, in song, with faithful friends, pastors and leaders. His life for the year before that was not there. Praise God!
The story of Ben from Memorial Weekend 2015 to November 2016 is a long, hard one that breaks this mom's heart. But the weekend before that horrible election day, he unexpectedly headed to church.
If you care to, look back in the blog to previous May 3rds and you’ll find blog posts from many, many of Ben’s birthdays both before 2016 and after.
Summer 2016, the road to the cottage where Ben said "was his favorite place on earth."
Summer 2015
Ben’s house 2001-2003 and 2015-2106
(the kids and I got to move back to “our” house in 2015)
We miss Ben!




No comments:
Post a Comment