This gal and I snuck out one night in the last hour or so of daylight to float around the lake on our own. Magnificent!
Titled: "Harrison...WAIT UP!"
And only because the guy pulling up the rear was in the water later than the guy up front. Because I'll tell you what, our resident 8 year old is pretty much the fastest one out there when it comes to kayaking!
I think this'd make a good photo to frame and hang somewhere.
One of these days...
(-:
"Our" lake is actually two lakes and that there platform (along with it's twin due east of this one) has long been the main reason we hang out at the first lake 99.99% of the time. I mean, the second lake has an island and a bridge even, but the platforms are a hit. These days too, the boys are convinced this lake is better for turtle hunting. Were they ever on a quest this year to catch a baby and bring it home to one of the many tanks we've acquired during our "year of the fish." Oh, haven't I mentioned that we now have THREE fish tanks, Two 10 gallons and a 40 gallon...all in the boys' bedroom...all completely maintained by them. William had been wanting to go the turtle route for a while and the lady at the pet store said his best bet was to just go catch one...that order was well received but to no avail. It's still "year of the fish" around here.
What our area typically looks like when we dash in around 7p.m. with only another family or two in the entire place. SP and I have had that black rolling cart since we lived in NYC, it was our grocery and laundry cart back then. I have to say, I can NOT believe it hasn't been broken!!!
Did I mention her favorite colors are purple and pink?
(-: (-:
Ahh, the very last night and the very last hours. You see, this past Monday we did the Jazz Festival in the morning/early afternoon and then headed to the lake at 4p.m. with a couple friends that had never been there and the wife really, really wanted to swim the length of the lake. So, with impending storms somewhere in the forecast for that late afternoon, evening we headed over to take our chances. And, YAY, she had exactly enough time to swim the length of the lake, get back to shore, get dressed and up the big hill to the car before BOOM, the sky let loose with lightening and torrential rain. Let me tell you, the timing on that could not have been more perfect if it tried.
So, after dinner and they'd gone home, William nailed it..."Hey, the sun came out, let's go back to the lake." It was about 7p.m., Labor Day, the day before school starts for the older two and everyone else's second week. What could we do, school shmool, the boys and I loaded everything back into the van (every last bit was unbacked because we thought the season was over) and the four of us had THEE ABSOLUTE BEST end of the season time and most amazing sunset color display! The boys had a water gun fight near shore while I took a kayak out, laid on my back in the middle of the lake and soaked in the end of summer, total bliss. We are SO blessed!
Above is the boys heading in that night. Our own private lake for a until a few others discovered the sun was holding.
Shot before I headed out on the kayak.
If only I had a camera while I was floating I can not get over how amazing the colors were then!
All tucked in for the night!
Till, next year then...




No comments:
Post a Comment