Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Oh my gosh you guys . . .


I think I might just officially be a real deal football fan!!


Wonder if that video actually worked?  I haven't had success posting video in quite a long time, sad, such cute videos of Liv languishing on my external hard drive...anyhoo...43 years, never stepped foot in a football stadium (other than high school since I had to for marching band) and then, BOOM, two weeks in a row in the Big House!  Say what??!!  Of course the first was my last post where I was a performer and didn't actually watch any football, but that just got me primed for, low and behold, two free tickets to this past weekend's game getting plopped in our families' lap! Lara had expressed disappointment at not having gotten to go to "my" last game and SP didn't have a strong desire to use up a Saturday with the game, so Lara and I took off to watch a football game on a Saturday afternoon. Ha!

 Just look as those nice clean lines as they pumped out the Star Spangled Banner.

Then these flag guys took off running across the field.  Those flags were HUGE! Bummer about the "N", eh? (-: And, those guys were running F.A.S.T., I was sure hoping they didn't trip, they didn't!

 Then, kinda from out of no where, I mean there was so much pomp and circumstance that I expected a little something more than, whamo, they just crept out to their spots and hiked the ball. ("hiked" right?? (-:)

 Lots of mayhem ensued for over an hour. Stops and starts, jet flyovers, cheerleaders, dancers, WWII Vets, bunch of players from 1989, Former coach or someone important that I told Lara they should really tell us who he is and she replied, "they just did a big profile of him on the score board."  Yeah, there was just loads going on and also a football game.  Not really a good football game from our team's perspective, but a game none the less.  As a matter of fact, I saw one of our guys run so fast, I mean, he really had no chance to catch this Utah guy, seriously, no chance, but he just would not quit, he ran and angled and ran and he CAUGHT HIM...I'm not just being silly here folks, there was no way a mere mortal could have made up the distance this guy did to catch another running guy. I was so impressed that I immediately declared the NFL needs to pick that guy up simply from that move!  You see, I am all about football now my friends!!  

While I was really taking the pic of the American Flag and all those thousands of people, I kind of also get a chuckle from seeing all those red, Utah folks crammed up in those tippy top seats.  Thanks for the love, MI.

 Then, before you knew it, they were all filing out of the stadium for half time. That was quick. 

Half Time Video if it loaded.

The half time show was about our crazy Michigan weather.  Leaving the field is the road construction segment.  They had weather girls from various weather channels announcing throughout...I thought it was a strange theme. Yet, kind of fitting, as if they knew what kind of day it'd be.  Rain would start, it would stop, it was a drizzle, it picked up (oh, and about 103,985 people knew it was going to rain at the game and all brought their handy ponchos...2 people didn't bother checking the weather before heading out for a few hours in an open air stadium, they/we never got soaked though (-:).

We stayed on for a bit of the third quarter but alas, one of us had a rehearsal and the other a Parisian concert to attend...such is the life of a musical/football family! And boy, our timing of departure was just about perfect for just as we got into our car the skies opened up and the game was shut down for over two hours!

End Result: I believe this family needs some season tickets for some football games!

Now, to press "publish" and see if those videos actually came through...


No comments: